Holiday Boarding Service
The Global Geckos Holiday boarding service is here to allow exotic pet owners to leave their animal/animals in the care of qualified professionals while they holiday stress free. Prices are based on accommodation and services provided whilst in the care of Global Geckos.
This service is very popular so please book as far in advance as possible to avoid disappointment as we only have limited spaces at any given time.
At present the largest enclosure size for holiday boarding we can offer is a 48in x 18in x 18in.
Invertebrates must be brought to us in suitable accommodation for the duration of their stay, but all other animals will be housed using equipment and enclosures already on site.
How it works:
· Animals are all housed in appropriate sized enclosures for their species and number (as defined by our normal codes of practice, e.g adult bearded dragons are always housed in 4ft enclosures).
· All animals are housed in separate enclosures unless they normally live together. We DO NOT mix boarding animals with one another nor with our own stock.
· Prior to occupancy all enclosures have been thoroughly disinfected with veterinary disinfectant and in the case of reptile enclosures will have been fumigated with Callington mite treatment spray.
· Fresh substrate is always used and in durations over 4 weeks (or if badly soiled) will be changed at no extra cost.
· Substrate type can be designated by the owner or if not specified our recommended substrate for the species in question will be used. (However, please note we will not use calci-sand under any circumstances.)
· Appropriate furnishings will be provided including branches, plants, moss boxes, water-bowls and hides etc all of which will have previously been disinfected with veterinary disinfectant and Callington.
The Service we provide:
1. Animals will be provided with fresh water daily and appropriate food when required, this is dependent upon species, size/age and in accordance with any specific dietary preferences or requirements. Specifics of feeding regimes’ can be discussed with staff dependent upon the individual animal/animals.
2. Animals will be subject to daily health inspection.
3. All vivariums are fitted with UV lighting (bulbs under 6 months old and of appropriate strength for species in question).
4. All vivariums (where required dependent upon species and housing style) are fitted with thermostatically regulated heat sources fitted with guards.
5. Animals are housed in designated holiday enclosures, not in the main shop.
(All prices are now inclusive of all food for the duration of the animals stay)
LIZARDS (price per day)
· Day gecko (XS species or equivalent) - £4
· Leopard gecko (Medium species or equivalent) - £5
· Crested gecko (Medium species or equivalent) - £5
· Bearded Dragon (Large species or equivalent) - £6
· Chameleon (Large species or equivalent) - £6
· Other - £POA
SNAKES (price per day)
· Under 2ft (hatchling or equivalent) - £4
· 2-5ft – (adult Corn / Royal etc) - £5
· 5-7ft – (Larger species Royal etc) - £6
TORTOISES (price per day)
· Under 4in (caprice length) - £5
· 5-8in (caprice length) - £6
· Other - £POA
AMPHIBIANS (price per day)
· Small (Horned frog etc) - £4
· Med/Large (White’s / Milks) - £5
· Groups (Dart frogs etc) - £6
INVERTS (price per week)
· Standard (Spider, scorpion etc) - £10
· Other - £POA
*PLEASE NOTE: you must provide your own enclosure.
Short stay surcharge – Bookings under 7 days will be subject to a £10 surcharge
Extra Occupant – Additional animals in the same enclosure will be charged at £1 per day
Please phone the shop on 01276 423137 for any further information & enquiries.
There are no products to list in this category.